How can I subdivide my property?

Property owners have two options for subdividing property, depending on the lot size complexity of the subdivision. For the division of land into lots of five (5) acres or greater in size, provided the land is located within "A," "R" or "RR" zoning districts and outside of any existing subdivisions, you may submit a minor subdivision plat. For all other land divisions, a preliminary plat and a final plat will be required. Please note that all plats must be prepared by a professional engineer or land surveyor currently licensed by the State of Missouri. Minor subdivision plats are reviewed by County staff, and once approved by County staff must be recorded with the County Recorder of Deeds office. All other subdivision plats must be approved and signed by both the Planning and Zoning Commission, and the Director of the Planning and Zoning Division. Once these plats have been signed and approved, they must also be filed in the County Recorder of Deed’s office.

St. Charles County ordinances do not require subdivision plats to be created for new parcels or tracts of land if the property to be subdivided is located outside of recorded subdivisions and its legal description was recorded prior to August 23, 1999.

Show All Answers

1. How can I determine if my property is located in unincorporated St. Charles County?
2. Where on my property can I build?
3. How can I determine how my property is zoned?
4. How can I apply to the County to rezone my property?
5. Will improvements to my property require a Floodplain Development Permit?
6. How do I open a business?
7. How do I obtain approval to operate a business from my home?
8. How can I subdivide my property?