November 14, 2017
Contact: Mary Enger, Communications Director, 636-949-1856, or 636-443-1008, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri — For the third consecutive year, the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County will be hosting a number of special activities to encourage interest and pursuit of information technology careers during Hour of Code Week, Dec. 4-8. Hour of Code is a global movement emphasizing computer science as a strong foundation for 21st century careers.
“Hour of Code Week 2017 promises to be bigger and better than ever in St. Charles County,” says Scott J. Drachnik, Director of the St. Charles County Department of Workforce & Business Development. “We will be offering three specialized computer workshops this year, and instead of a traditional job fair, we have scheduled an IT Meet-Up at the OPO Startups in Historic St. Charles County. Along with food and prizes, this will be a great opportunity for IT employers, trainers, professionals and job-seekers to connect.”
Following is the schedule of events for Hour of Code Week 2017:
- Intro to Computer Coding Workshop – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Monday, Dec. 4
- Intro to Object Oriented Programming – 4 to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 6
- Cyber Security Workshop – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 7
- IT Meet-Up at OPO Startups in Historic St. Charles – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 7
- Hour of Code Week Online Self-Tutorials
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Dec. 4
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 5
- 1 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 6
- 12 noon to 5 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 7
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Dec. 8
Except for the IT Meet-Up, all events will be held at the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County located at 212 Turner Boulevard in St. Peters.
“From those who are just curious about software coding to companies looking for new IT employees, we believe Hour of Code Week 2017 offers something for everyone in St. Charles County,” Drachnik says.
All events are free to attend; pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Lori Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-255-6060, ext. 5260.
For free and fun online tutorials in software coding for people of all ages and abilities, visit https://hourofcode.com/us/learn.