September 23, 2016
Contact: Nancy Lee Gomer, Marketing Coordinator, 636-9497535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Charles County, MO – Bring the family out to Broemmelsiek Park in Defiance for some good old-fashioned fun at the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department’s fourth annual Fall Festival! From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Saturday, Oct. 8, enjoy live music, children’s games, crafts, scenic hayrides, tasty festival food, and samples of fresh apple cider. It’s a wonderful event for the entire family!
Live entertainment, exciting demonstrations, and a variety of 19th century games are planned for the day:
• Listen to the 4th Street Band, known for hip rock, country, and blues music from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Visit the demonstration area to hand dip a candle and watch wool spinners, blacksmiths turning steel into art, and members of the Illinois-Missouri Tractor and Engine Club turning grain into bird seed.
• Participate in variety of historic games, including walking on stilts, nine pin pumpkin bowling and much more!
• Take a hayride through the park – cost is $2 per person and children under five years old are free.
• Shop from a wide assortment of pumpkins, jams, and other goods available for purchase under the big tent.
For more information, please call the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department at 636-949-7535 or visit www.stccparks.org. Broemmelsiek Park is located at 1795 Highway DD in Defiance.