April 26, 2016
Contact: Nancy Lee Gomer, Parks Marketing Coordinator, 636-949-7535, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri – Are you looking for a unique, affordable camp for your children this summer? The St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department has a variety of exciting summer camps scheduled at a park near you! Whether it’s a single-night campout, a day or week-long camp for nature, fishing, extreme sports or history, there are summer programs for children of all ages and interests.
Following are the camps scheduled for this summer:
• Join us for a Backyard Campout on May 21 at the Youth Activity Park, 7801 Highway N, Dardenne Prairie, MO. Enjoy the fun of camping close to home in a park setting! Children and their parents have the opportunity to camp out under the stars and explore the outdoors. Participants learn camping tips from park staff, enjoy dinner and a light breakfast, and participate in an outdoor scavenger hunt, activities and games through¬out the night. It’s fun for the entire family! Fee: $10 per person; children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Camp X is scheduled from June 6 - Aug. 1 at the Youth Activity Park, 7801 Highway N, Dardenne Prairie, MO. Learn over-the-top moves at this extreme week-long camp for skateboarders, BMX riders, and scooters! Sessions are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon. Sign up and receive personalized instruction while participating inteam-building games and activities. Each participant receives a T-shirt, water bottle, free admission for the day, and a pizza party on the last day. Fee: $80 per week, per child.
• Our Youth Fish Camp is June 8 and 9 at Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Dr., Wentzville, MO. Learn the sport of fishing! Suitable for children ages 8 - 14, this unique two-day fishing camp is perfect for beginners and intermediate anglers. Enjoy the great outdoors at this great fishing adventure and reconnect with nature. Participants learn and use a variety of fishing techniques while practicing in ponds, lakes and streams in the park. Lunch is included. The Youth Fish Camp is sponsored by Renewal by Andersen, Cabela’s, and the St. Charles Jaycees. Fee: $20 per child.
• Exploring the great outdoors is a dream come true for children who attend our week-long Full-Day Nature Camp scheduled from June 13 - 17 at Indian Camp Creek Park, 2679 Dietrich Rd., Foristell, MO. Designed for youth ages 9 - 13, this program allows day campers to discover and observe nature using hands-on experimental activities in a safe environment. Campers use sensory awareness and science activities to interact with their environment. The Full-Day Nature Camp is sponsored by Renewal by Andersen. Fee: $100 per child.
• Children can experience our Park Explorer Kids Club nature camp at three separate sessions this year: June 20 - 24 at Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Dr., Wentzville, MO; June 27 - July 1 at Broemmelsiek Park, 1795 Highway DD, Defiance, MO; and July 11 - 15 at Indian Camp Creek Park, 2679 Dietrich Rd., Foristell, MO. This fun, half-day, week-long nature camp allows children ages 7 - 12 to learn about the environment, prairies, trails, and waterways through nature-themed games, crafts, activities, and presentations by special friends of the park. Explorers meet daily from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. A special lunch is served to the explorers on Friday. The Park Explorer Kids Club is sponsored by Renewal by Andersen. Fee: $40 per child, per session.
• Our History Explorer Kids Camp on July 11 – 15, and again from July 25 - 29 at the St. Charles County Heritage Museum at Heritage Park, 1630 Heritage Landing, St. Peters, MO, allows children to discover history in fun and exciting ways. This week-long camp engages children with local history experiences using themed activities and crafts. Kids can learn about pioneer life by participating in fun activities, chores of the past, and games at the first session, or become a history time traveler investigating and learning about events, activities and popular culture of the 20th century at the second session. Fee: $40 per child, per session.
To register for any summer camp or program hosted by the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department, visit our website at www.stccparks.org or call the Parks reservation desk at 636-949-7535. Space may be limited, so register early!
For more information, or to learn about all of the programs scheduled for the year, check out the 2016 St. Charles County Parks Activity Guide on our website.