October 22, 2015
Contact: Colene McEntee, Public Affairs Coordinator, 636-949-1864, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri – The St. Charles County Veterans Committee and St. Charles City Veterans Commission will host their annual Veterans Day Program on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 1:30 p.m., on the grounds of the St. Charles County Historic Courthouse, 100 N. Third St., St. Charles. The event is free and open to the public.
Master of Ceremonies George D. Newell, St. Charles County Veterans Committee, will lead the following program:
• Musical Prelude – St. Charles City Municipal Band
• Presentation of Colors – David Hodge, Officer of the Day, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2866
• National Anthem – CPT Larry Ruebling (Ret), United States Air Force
• Pledge of Allegiance – Tom Stephenson, American Legion Post 312
• Invocation – Larry Brown, Chaplain, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2866
• Welcome – St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann
• Welcome – St. Charles Mayor Sally Faith
• Keynote Speaker – Steven Watson, President, Lindenwood University Student Veterans Organization & Missouri Army National Guard
• Musical Selection – St. Charles City Municipal Band
• Wreath Laying – Dick Saip & Art Minor, Korean War Veterans Association Chapter 6
• Benediction – Don Lauer, Chaplain, American Legion Post 312
• Rifle Salute and Taps – Robert Strahm, Commander, Guard of Honor, American Legion Post 312
• Taps – Bugler, St. Charles City Municipal Band
Attendees are asked to bring lawnchairs as seating is limited. In case of inclement weather, the program will be held at the St. Charles County Administration Building, 201 N. Second St., Room 115/116, St. Charles.
For more information, contact Tom Stephenson of American Legion Post 312 and Korean War Veterans Association Chapter 6 at 636-946-2038.