Vehicle Safety Tips:
• Do not leave items of value visible in a parked car.
• Park in well-lighted areas designated for parking.
• Look into and around your vehicle before entering it.
• Drive on well-traveled streets.
• Keep all doors locked.
Property Safety Tips:
• AVOID THEFTS OF OPPORTUNITY… Opportunity theft is the direct result of property and valuables left unattended and unsecured, even for short periods of time, which provides a thief with the opportunity to steal your valuables. Opportunity thefts are the most preventable crimes that occur;
• Never leave personal property such as books, wallets, pocketbooks, cash, jewelry, or bicycles unattended and unsecured;
• Never leave laptop computers, cell phones, and other items of value unattended. Lock the doors to your home and/or office when you leave, even if it is only for a few minutes. Most reported thefts occur in unlocked areas;
• Make sure your garage doors are closed at all times. Leaving doors open allows thieves easy access to tools and other valuables.
• Mark your valuables in some distinctive fashion.
• Do not give out personally identifiable information over the phone or Internet, such as bank account numbers and social security numbers.
• Only shop with companies you know. Always use a secure browser.
• Limit personal information on necessary public distribution items (checks, business cards).