Did the COVID-19 pandemic impact your job? Need a fresh start? Look no further than the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County, where funding is available for qualifying residents interested in training for a variety of careers that are in high demand.
“We know many people in our community were impacted by the pandemic, and that it affected the hospitality and restaurant industries especially hard,” says Lori Myers, Director of Workforce and Business Development. “Our counselors are here to help residents identify options for a new career with higher earnings potential, and to enroll those eligible in appropriate training that can be paid for in whole or in part by our programs.”
Careers in information technology (IT) and medical fields are in especially high demand. Following are a sample of career paths that have funding available, along with the training time and cost, and average wage for the St. Louis Metropolitan area. This data is collected from the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center (MERIC):
- Cyber Security (Training Time: 3-5 months, Average Wage: $84,840)
- Dental Assistant (Training Time: 2 months, Average Wage: $39,877)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Training Time: 5 months, Average Wage: $35,275)
- Fiber Optics Specialist (Training Time: 1 week, Average Wage: $64,050)
- HVAC Technician (Training Time: 2 months, Average Wage: $56,038)
- IT Project Management (Training Time: 3-6 months, Average Wage: $84,840)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) (Training Time: 1 year, Average Wage: $46,234)
- Medical Assisting (Training Time: 5-7 months, Average Wage: $34,041
- Medical Billing/Coding (Training Time: 1 year, Average Wage: $44,360)
- Phlebotomy (Training Time: 2-4 months, Average Wage: $33,213)
- Truck Driving (Training Time: 2-5 weeks, Average Wage: $52,681)
Funding for training does not affect unemployment benefits. For more information, please contact the Job Center at 636-255-6060 or by email.
Visit the Missouri Job Center/Department of Workforce and Business Development online for additional information on programs and services available for job seekers and employers.