St. Charles County, Missouri – Adults and youth, individuals and groups: the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department is seeking nominations for its Outstanding Volunteer Awards through March 3, 2015. The nominees must have made a substantial impact on the County’s regional parks system and the community through natural resources and the environment; trail maintenance; forestry and horticulture; or education and historical presentation. The group and individual nominees must be currently active or must have engaged in St. Charles County Parks volunteer activities for a minimum of one year and have not been a winner of this award in the past two years. These Outstanding Volunteer Awards will be presented to the winners at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Night held during National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 12 – 18.
“Our volunteers are our greatest treasure,” said St. Charles County Parks Director Bettie Yahn-Kramer. “The Parks Department is grateful for the ongoing support that has enabled us to open 11 regional parks, acquire 3,156 acres of parkland, and preserve areas of natural and historic significance throughout St. Charles County.”
Nominees should exemplify outstanding enthusiasm, time, talent and effort to diligently preserve and conserve the natural and historic resources of St. Charles County for the recreational benefit and enjoyment of our citizens. Awards will be given in the following categories:
• Individual – an individual who volunteers
• Family – a family that volunteers together on the same project
• Group/Organization – a group or organization of two or more citizens that volunteer together on the same project(s) under a group or organization name
• Youth – a citizen (age 17 or younger) who volunteers
• Senior – a citizen (age 55 or older) who volunteers
• Corporate/Business – a corporation or business that has made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project their employees complete
• Faith-Based – a faith-based organization that has made a substantial impact in the community by effectively engaging in a volunteer park project their members complete
• Lifetime Achievement – an individual volunteer who has exhibited a lifelong commitment to volunteerism and preserving nature and history in St. Charles County Parks. Nominees must have made a substantial and long-term sustainable impact on our parks system as a result of their volunteer efforts.
Award selections are based on the nominee’s volunteer efforts and commitment of time, accomplishments and park and community impact. The winner of an award will receive a plaque for their efforts and be recognized during National Volunteer Appreciation Week during a special park volunteer reception on Thursday, April 16. Nominators will also receive receipt of acknowledgment for their nominations.
The St. Charles County Parks Outstanding Volunteer nomination form must be submitted to the parks department no later than March 3. The fillable nomination form can be found on our website at www.stccparks.org. The forms may be submitted electronically via our website, or a copy may be printed out, postmarked no later than March 3, and mailed to:
St. Charles County Parks Department
Outstanding Volunteer Nomination
201 North Second St. – Suite 510
St. Charles, MO 63301
For more information, contact Parks Marketing Coordinator Nancy Lee Gomer at 636-949-7535.