Oct. 3, 2019
Contact: Nancy Lee Gomer, Marketing Coordinator, 636-949-7535, or 636-795-1137, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Charles County, Missouri – The St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department is on its way to celebrating 2 million visitors this year—and we want you to be a part of this exciting milestone! Participants of all ages are invited to join in the excitement by visiting our parks before the end of the year and sharing their adventures on social media for the chance to win big prizes! We can’t reach our milestone without your participation.
Our 2019 Countdown to St. Charles County Parks’ 2 Million Visitors Contest begins Monday, Oct. 7, and continues through Sunday, Dec. 15. Here’s how it works:
- Follow us on social media at https://www.facebook.com/StCharlesCountyParks/ or https://www.instagram.com/stcharlescountymo/ to learn more about each weekly drawing.
- Visit any of our 15 St. Charles County Parks:
- Bangert Island, 1704 South River Road in St. Charles
- Broemmelsiek Park, 1795 Highway DD in Defiance
- College Meadows Park, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive in Cottleville
- Heritage Museum, 1630 Heritage Landing in St. Peters
- Hideaway Harbor Park, 1550 Hideaway Harbor Park Drive in Portage des Sioux
- The Historic Daniel Boone Home, 1868 Highway F in Defiance
- Indian Camp Creek Park, 2679 Dietrich Road in Foristell
- Klondike Park, 4600 Highway 94 S. in Augusta
- Matson Hill Park, 670 Matson Hill Road in Defiance
- The Park at New Melle Lakes, 400 Foristell Road in New Melle
- Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Drive in Wentzville
- Riverside Landing, 600 Kampville Drive in Foristell
- Towne Park, 100 Towne Park Drive in Foristell
- Veterans Tribute Park, 1031 Kisker Road in Weldon Spring
- Youth Activity Park, 7801 Highway N in Dardenne Prairie
- Capture your park adventures with a selfie or self-portrait using your smart phone or camera and upload them to your Facebook and Instagram accounts using #SCCMOParks2M and don't forget to mark your post "public" so that we can see it! If you don't have a social media account, email your photos to email@example.com. Please note: there is a different theme each week (see below) and photos must be posted prior to drawings on Oct. 21, Nov. 4, Nov. 18, Dec. 2 and Dec. 16 to be eligible to win.
- Help us thank our sponsors by “liking” them on social media.
Participants can win the following contest prizes donated by our generous sponsors:
- Two one-day tickets to Silver Dollar City in Branson
- Concert tickets from The Family Arena in St. Charles
- Family-sized tent, outdoor firepit and two sleeping bags from Camping World RV and Outdoors in Wentzville
- Wine tastings for two at Augusta and Montelle Wineries in Augusta
- Four, six-month memberships to Gold’s Gym in St. Peters
- Shuttle bike rental package for up to four guests from Bike Stop Café in St. Charles
- $50 gift card to Good News Brewing in O’Fallon and Defiance
- Gift basket from Sugar Fire in O’Fallon
- And more!
The weekly themes for the 2019 Countdown to St. Charles County Parks’ 2 Million Visitors are as follows:
- Oct. 7-13: Get Active by Nature
- Oct. 14-20: Thank a Park Employee
- Oct. 21-27: Enjoy History
- Oct 28-Nov 3: Explore Halloween in the Parks
- Nov. 4-10: Parks Favorites
- Nov. 11-17: Red, White and Blue
- Nov. 18-24: Park Pets
- Nov. 25-Dec 1: Friends and Family
- Dec. 2-Dec 8: Dawn and Dusk
- Dec. 9-15: Get Creative!
For more information about the 2019 Countdown to St. Charles County Parks’ 2 Million Visitors campaign and rules, visit stccparks.org or call the Parks Department at 636-949-7535.