November 29, 2018
St. Charles County, Missouri — Hour of Code Week is a global movement that emphasizes computer science as a strong foundation for 21st Century careers. For the fourth consecutive year, the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County is hosting special activities during this special week, Dec. 3-7, to encourage interest and pursuit of information technology careers and training.
“Whether you are an IT professional, a student considering an IT career, or just curious to find out more about coding and computer science, you will enjoy participating in the Hour of Code Week 2018 activities planned at the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County,” said Scott J. Drachnik, director of the St. Charles County Department of Workforce & Business Development.
Schedule of events:
- Intro to Computer Coding Workshop – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Monday, Dec. 3
- Cybersecurity: Lessons, Careers and Opportunities Ahead Workshop – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 4
- Intro to Object Oriented Programming – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 5
- IT Career & Training Expo – 4 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 6
- Intro to C#/.Net Workshop – 2 to 3 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7
- Hour of Code Week Online Self-Tutorials – 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 3 – Thursday, Dec. 6
All Hour of Code Week 2018 events are held at the Missouri Job Center of St. Charles County, 212 Turner Boulevard in St. Peters, Mo.
Workshop sponsors include the St. Charles Community College Computer Science Department, Midwest Cyber Center and Claim Academy. All events are free to attend but pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Lori Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-255-6060, ext. 5260.
For free and fun online tutorials in software coding for people of all ages and abilities, visit https://hourofcode.com/us/learn.
Media contact: Mary Enger, Communications Director, 636-949-1856, or 636-443-1008, email@example.com