Posted on November 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM by Doug Bolnick
Enjoy the warmth of the fall harvest with this tasty treat that also adds antioxidants, without the extra calories from more fried potatoes.
One pound carrots
Salt and pepper to taste
(Can also include or substitute any of your favorite herbs/spices, as desired. The sweetness of carrots mix well with basil, cinnamon, cumin, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, rosemary, sage and thyme - for a few suggestions.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel carrots and cut into strips. Strips should be about 1/4 inch thick and at least 3 inches in length.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and spread carrots in an even, single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and/or other spices, as desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip carrots and spray with cooking spray to recoat. Sprinkle with more seasoning, as desired.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes until carrots are lightly browned. Serve warm.
Recipe makes four servings. The serving size is 1/4 pound and contains:
1 gram protein
11 grams carbohydrates
0 grams fat
370 milligrams sodium
3 grams fiber