Posted on August 10, 2017 at 10:26 AM by Doug Bolnick
BAKED POTATO CHIPS
Our September Healthy Eats recipe is a tasty side that will add great flavor and a mix of fall colors to your tailgate display.
Vegetable cooking spray, as needed
1/2 pound sweet potatoes (scrubbed, with the peel still on)
1/4 pound red potatoes (scrubbed with the peel still on)
1/4 pound Russet potatoes (scrubbed, with the peel still on)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice all of potatoes thinly (can use a food processor for this step). Pat dry and place cut potato slices in a bowl.
- Add oil, salt and pepper to the bowl of potatoes. Toss to coat completely and evenly.
- Spread potatoes onto the baking sheet, making sure that they remain on a single layer and are evenly spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn all potatoes over. Cook this side for an additional 10 minutes - or until potatoes are crisp and golden brown.
Recipe makes four servings. The serving size is 3/4 cup and contains:
2 grams protein
23 grams carbohydrates
7 grams fat
590 milligrams sodium
2 gram fiber