The original item was published from January 17, 2018 11:35 AM to January 17, 2018 11:37 AM
Instead of store-bought breakfast or cookie bars, make these wholesome treats with your kids.
Click here or the box above to watch the video.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 extra ripe banana
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk together peanut butter, banana, honey, water and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oats, raisins and chocolate chips. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour oat mixture into the baking dish. Smooth with spoon or spatula to create a flat, even top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Cool, then place dish in freezer for 15 minutes to firm mixture.
- Slice into 16 bars. Store leftovers in a refrigerator for up to one week - inside an airtight container.
Recipe makes approximately 16 servings. The serving size is one square:
3 grams protein
20 grams carbohydrates
6 grams fat
66 milligrams sodium
2 grams fiber