"Behind the scenes," volunteers work closely with St. Charles County Regional Emergency Management and other agencies. These volunteers from all backgrounds and walks of life donate skills and experience for the benefit of the residents of St. Charles County.
Examples of volunteer activities include:
- Providing emergency communications
- Assisting with damage assessments
- Reporting weather conditions during severe weather
- Working in the Emergency Operations Center
- Operating the division's boats
- Designing and building radio repeater systems
- Teaching disaster preparedness in classes and at public safety fairs
- Deploying to assist with disasters, both here at home (1993 flood) and away (Katrina)
Volunteers and citizens alike can play an active part in training and community activities like "weather spotting" or the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) disaster drill with emergency responders and aid organizations.
Learn more about it, then come out and join in!