About the Park
- Activity Registration
- View Facility Availability
- Birthday Party and Group Event Packages
- Centennial Trail Map (PDF)
- Park Map (PDF)
- Park Video Tour
- Centennial Trail
- Educational Sites and Outreach
- Historic Sites
- Marksman Training Simulator
- Party and Special Event Rentals
The County Heritage Museum at Heritage Park offers free interpretive displays focusing on local and state history and is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday–Saturday, and 12 p.m.to 5 p.m., Sunday.
Rich in St. Charles County history, the nearly 6,000-square foot facility, located on a site known to many as Kuhlmann's Grove, was a popular recreation area for county residents for nearly 100 years.
The site also is the trailhead for Great Rivers Greenway's Centennial Trail, which connects to the Katy Trail.
The museum is designed to house large exhibit displays. The current exhibit, "Our Sporting Heritage," celebrates recreation by showcasing the history of hunting and fishing in St. Charles County and Missouri, from prehistoric times to the modern era.
The exhibit features a Marksman Training Simulator, an interactive digital hunting simulator that has the largest video shooting surface in the world and is one of only three of its kind in the United States. The simulator allows visitors to experience the thrill of hunting duck, deer, bear, and boar, as well as clay targets, and was donated to the Parks Department by hunting enthusiast August A. Busch III.
In addition, a St. Charles County Amateur Sports Hall of Fame exhibit featuring amateur sports in the county is on display featuring bowling balls, shirts, baseball gloves, and dartball from days of old. A High School Athletics exhibit showcases the history of area high school sports. The final exhibit that opened in April 2019 is "Locally Grown: The Major League Baseball Players of St. Charles County,” which features 21 local players and memorabilia.
Based on availability, the hunting simulator will be open and free of charge during regular business hours. Hunting clubs, individuals and organizations can reserve the simulator for $75 per hour or $200 for three hours. To make a reservation, call 636-949-7535.
Directions From I-64
- I-64 W to MO-94 E in Weldon Spring. Take Exit 10 from I-64 W
- Take MO-364 E (3.7 mi.)
- Follow MO-364 E S St. Peters Pkwy. Take Exit 11 from MO-364 E ( 2.6 mi.)
- Continue on S St. Peters Pkwy to Heritage Landing, then turn right (2.1 mi.)
Directions from I-270 and Page Extension
- I-270 N to Exit 16 Page Avenue, merge onto MO-364 W ( 12.6 mi.)
- Keep left to stay on MO-364 W (3.4 mi.)
- Take Exit 12 toward Heritage Crossing/ Jungs Station Rd. (1.8 mi.)
- Turn left onto Heritage Crossing Rd. (0.1 mi.)
- Turn left onto St. Peters Pkwy. (0.1 mi.)
- Turn right onto Heritage Landing (0.1 mi.)