Planning & Zoning Commission
- 7 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of each month
- County Council Chambers
100 N. Third St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
The public hearing meeting provides the applicant, other property owners and the public at large the opportunity to express support for, or concerns with, the proposed zoning applications. Citizens are welcome to attend the public hearing meeting and provide comments in person, or submit written comments to the Commission prior to the public hearing through the County Planning & Zoning Division by mail (addressed to 201 N. Second Street, Room 410, St. Charles, MO 63301), or by email. Please include the application number in any written communications to the Commission.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Commission
The County Executive appoints 9 citizen members to serve a 3-year term.
Governed by County Ordinance.
The following shall be the duties and powers of the Planning and Zoning Commission:
- The commission shall have the power to make, amend and publish for later adoption by ordinance an official Master Plan of the county to assure the coordinated development of the county in accordance with present and future needs. This plan shall set forth policy regarding the social, governmental, economic and physical development of the county so as to promote the general welfare and prosperity of its people.
- The commission shall have the power to prepare and adopt sets of regulations governing the subdivision of land in unincorporated areas, which regulations may provide for the proper location and width of streets, building lines, open spaces, minimum width, and area of lots, street grading and paving, sewers, water and other utilities, which are necessary to protect the public health, safety, or the general welfare.
- The commission shall prepare for later adoption by ordinance a comprehensive zoning plan, which shall give reasonable consideration, among other things, to the character of each district, its suitability for particular uses, conserving the value of buildings and of existing development, and encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the county.
- The commission shall make recommendations for building setback lines on major highways.
- The commission shall review site plans, subdivisions plans, and requests for zoning changes.
The rules governing the Planning and Zoning Commission have been established by County Ordinance.