How to Apply
Effective December 15, 2020
The St. Charles County Department of Public Health’s WIC program will continue to provide services to new and current clients during the COVID-19 pandemic; the program is only changing the way services are delivered.
To qualify for the Women Infants Children (WIC) program, there are 3 sets of guidelines that must be met:
- Women, Infant, and Child Status - WIC staff will verify Missouri residency and status.
- Income Level Guidelines - WIC staff will verify income.
- Nutritional or Medical Risk Guidelines - Nurses, Dietitians and Nutritionists will assign medical and nutritional risk based upon weight, height, hemoglobin level and diet history. They will provide counseling appropriate to the assigned risk and will make appropriate referrals, as needed
You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to participate in WIC, but everyone must re-qualify for the program after 6 months or 1 year of participation.
Please call to schedule a certification appointment at 636-949-7402. Please have ready when you call:
- Transfer information - if you are moving from another state
- Your ID folder, if you are moving within Missouri
- Your income information
All certifying parties must be present for your certification / re-certification appointment. This includes: the pregnant woman or new mother, as well as the infants or children being certified. At each certification and/or annual re-certification appointments, all participants must provide proof of residency, income and identity. WIC benefits will not be issued without these proofs, and your certification appointment may be rescheduled.
Proof of Identity
Please bring proof of identity:
- For infants - Bring a copy of their Immunization record, birth certificate, baby bracelet or discharge record from the hospital.
- For children - Bring a copy of their Immunization record or birth certificate.
- For adults - Bring a current, valid photo identification (such as driver's license, passport, employment identification card, school card, military card or State Identification card). Please also bring proof of identity when participants, guardians or proxies are picking up benefits / checks.
Proof of Residency
Please bring proof of Missouri residency or that you live at your current address:
- Current utility bill / personal bill (credit card statement, student loan statement, etc) mailed to the residence within the last 30 days
- Current rent or mortgage receipt and must be mailed to residence within the last thirty (30) days
- Pay stub which must include your name and physical address, and be issued within the last thirty (30) days
Proof of Income
Please learn more about proof of income online.