Welcome! Before You Visit Our Offices…
For further questions, call our department at 636-949-7560. Thank you.
Notary commissions will be handled though the Registrar 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Appointments are not required. Call 636-949-7560 if your commission is expiring on a Monday or Thursday. Learn more about Notary Commissions.
The St. Charles County Registrar (referred to as the County Clerk in other jurisdictions) is part of the Finance Department and is responsible for:
- Keeping track of tax rates levied by all of the county’s political subdivisions
- Serving as secretary to the Board of Equalization
- Maintaining the records of the County Council
- Maintaining historical and archived records of the county
- Processing Sunshine Law/Records Requests
- Issuing notary commissions
- Issuing business licenses and applications
- Posting ordinances with penalty provisions online
In addition, the County Registrar assumes all non-election-related duties assigned to the County Clerk per Missouri State Statutes.
Sunshine Law and Records Requests
Individuals and organizations interested in obtaining records pertaining to St. Charles County Government may do so by submitting a Records Request Form (PDF) in writing to the County Registrar. Requests may be mailed, hand delivered, faxed, or emailed. You can also submit a records request online.