Ways to Pay
2020 Tax Bill Information
- Due to COVID-19, payments are taking longer to be posted. Please be patient.
Do NOT stop payment on your check. Do NOT submit a duplicate payment.
- All payments with a Dec. 31, 2020 or prior postmark will be processed for December. Please refrain from calling about your payment not showing as posted until Jan. 15, 2021. Thank you!
- Press Release: St. Charles County Collector of Revenue to Start Mailing 2020 Tax Bills Nov. 24 (PDF)
- Sign up for eAlerts for personal property and real estate bills to be notified when your bill is online (pull up your account to register).
Due to COVID-19, the public is highly encouraged to pay using one of the following four methods to minimize public contact.
Tax payments are due by Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020. Technical difficulties with making phone or online payments do not extend the statutory deadline to pay without late payment penalties and interest. Receipts for payments by mail, online, phone, and drop boxes are mailed approximately five days after payment is received and processed by the Collector of Revenue’s office; receipts for payments made in-person at the Collector’s service windows are provided same-day. Note: Payment for 2018 and prior taxes must be in the form of cashier’s check, money order or certified funds.
- Pay online using e-check ($1.50 fee) or debit/credit card (fee of about 2.5 percent of the total amount due). Payments made on this site are posted based on the online payment transaction date/time. Early payment is highly recommended when paying online in case of technical difficulties.
Many taxpayers opt to use online payment systems through banks to pay taxes. The Collector of Revenue urges those who use these systems to initiate payment at least five working days prior to Dec. 31. The payment date in these transactions is registered as the date payment is received by the Collector of Revenue’s office, not the date a taxpayer initiates the transaction through their bank.
- By mail using check, money order or cashier’s check. Make payable to Michelle D. McBride or St. Charles County Collector of Revenue. Mail to Michelle D. McBride, St. Charles County Collector of Revenue, 201 N. Second St., Room 134, St. Charles, MO 63301. Include remittance stub, if available, and write account number on the payment. Do not mail cash.
Mailed payments are accepted as of the postmark date. If there is no postmark, payment will be accepted on the date the Collector of Revenue’s office receives the envelope. If payment is placed in the mail on Dec. 31, it might not be postmarked until the next business day and could result in the addition of statutory late payment interest and penalty.
By phone using e-check ($1.50 fee) or debit/credit card (fee of about 2.5 percent of the total amount due). Call the toll-free tax payment line at 1-855-227-7840 and follow the prompts. Taxpayers need the tax year and bill number located on the statement to use this system.
- By submitting check, money order or cashier’s check in the drive-through drop box in front of the County Administration Building at 201 N. Second Street in St. Charles. Include remittance stub, if available, and account number on payment in an envelope. Payments must be submitted in the blue-labeled "County" drop box. Contents are removed daily. Do not place cash in the drop box. The box will be locked at midnight Dec. 31. A payment placed in the "City" drop box could result in late payment penalties if it is not received by the Collector of Revenue by the due date. Please plan accordingly: Traffic at the drop box is busiest 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
In Person: Taxpayers who have questions about their bill or need a receipt immediately may pay in person at the Collector of Revenue’s service windows 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Payment also may be submitted in the indoor drop box in the first floor lobby of the County Administration Building. Taxpayers will need to undergo a COVID-19 health screening upon entering the building. Those visiting the service windows will need to register for the Collector’s queue through the QLess kiosk in the lobby, through the QLess app on their mobile device, or through the QLess link. Monitors in the lobby and a text notification on a mobile device will update those in the queue, and taxpayers will be alerted visually and audibly through the monitor or their mobile device when it is their turn to approach the windows. Staff at the security desk in the lobby will be available to assist taxpayers with QLess.
At the Collector’s service windows, payment is accepted by cash, debit/credit card (fee of about 2.5 percent of total amount due). For those submitting payment through the lobby drop box, check, money order or cashier’s check is accepted; include remittance stub, if available, and account number on payment in an envelope.
Additional Tax Payment Website Information
All information provided by this online internet resource is subject to verification by the St. Charles County Collector of Revenue’s Office. To allow for processing and reconciliation of the previous month’s payments, online payment services will not be available from 12:01 a.m. on the first day of each month until the third business day. Please allow 5-10 business days for the processing of the payment and the mailing of the paid tax receipt needed for license plate renewal.