How to Apply or Renew your License
- Apply or renew online through the Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal. The portal will allow you to quickly enter all necessary information as well as upload your required documents.
Paying for Your New or Renewed License
Payments may be made through the Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal using a credit card. If paying by check, please make check payable to St. Charles County Building and either mail to or deliver in person at 201 N. Second St, Ste 410, St. Charles, MO 63301.
Please note: Your license is not active until payment is received and all required documents have been verified.
Current Submittal Requirements
- License application through the Citizenserve Citizen Access Portal.
- Current bond in the amount of $20,000 with the company name as Principal. An original is required, it must be signed, and the power of attorney page must also be included.
- Current Certificate of Liability insurance in the amount of at least $500,000 per each occurrence. The certificate must show St. Charles County as certificate holder.
- Pool Installer licenses are valid for 2 years, until December 31, in years ending in even numbers. As such, if you are first applying for an electrical license at any time in an odd numbered year, the full fee of $200 for an active license will apply. Conversely, if you apply at any time in an even numbered year, the fee for an active license is $100.
After receiving your application, required documents, and license fee, your license will be activated and you will receive a receipt. Also included will be a license certificate.