- Departments A–F
- Real Estate
- Appeal Process
- Online Real Property Informal Appeal Procedure
Online Real Property Informal Appeal Procedure
To file an online real property informal appeal via email, complete the following steps and click SUBMIT to submit your appeal and any attachments through your email provider.
Please view the FAQ page for answers to many common questions. These topics may also assist with preparing an appeal. The effective date of value is Jan. 1, 2023, in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri.
1. Verify property information
- Click “SEARCH” to access the Assessor’s “Property Database Search.”
- Carefully review the current physical description of your property. Note any discrepancies between the square footage and amenities listed.
- Verifying these discrepancies may require a field check by a member of our staff.
- When looking at the square footage listed on the website, please note that all properties are measured externally and rounded to the nearest foot.
2. Additional property information
Attach any compelling documentation and/or data to be considered. These items may include, but are not limited to:
- A complete certified appraisal of your property dated later than Jan. 1, 2022.
- Written estimates from qualified professionals, dated from July 1, 2021 through Jan. 1, 2023, describing any repairs or adverse conditions.
- Sales contract dated later than Jan. 1, 2022.
- Other (Please attach and explain).
- While providing photographs may assist with visualizing conditions that could affect the value of property, written estimates from qualified professionals provide an indication as to the value loss.
3. Comparable sales information
- Attach information and location (address, account #, etc.) regarding comparable properties that have sold in your area between Jan. 1, 2021, and present.
Comparable sales would be properties that sold (as indicated) and are the same architectural style. These sales should also be similar in size, location, age, condition, amenities and overall quality of construction.
4. Commercial or income-producing properties
- Rent rolls and actual income and expense information may be attached.
5. All online informal appeals must include the following information:
- Parcel account number of the subject property
- Current owner(s) of the property
- Address of the property
- Owner’s opinion of market value, as of Jan. 1, 2023.
Please read the following before clicking the SUBMIT link to send your Informal Appeal:
I acknowledge that, to the best of my knowledge, all of the facts and all documents attached are true and correct.
All information received will be reviewed by a member of our staff. Should a change to the original value occur, you will be mailed a revised “Notice of Real Estate Assessment” by June 30, 2023.
IF INFORMATION IS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY, A REVISED NOTICE WILL BE MAILED ONLY IF THE VALUE IS CHANGED. IF you do not receive A REVISED NOTICE or don’t agree with the revised notice BY JUNE 30, 2023, you must appeal to the Board of Equalization by the second Monday in July to continue the appeal process.
Failure to file with the Board of Equalization precludes a further appeal to the next level of the appeal process, the Missouri State Tax Commission. Please refer to your notice for contact information and procedures.
I hereby SUBMIT my information, constituting my Informal Appeal.