COVID-19 Latest News
The St. Charles County Administration Building at 201 N. Second Street in St. Charles is open to the public with normal operating hours. Access is limited to the first floor. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. View release for more information.
The Sheriff’s Department has a representative in the lobby at a service window (behind a plexiglass shield) when needed. Please see below about signing up for our virtual queue through QLess. Our department can be reached at 636-949-3010.
This website will be updated to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.
- View a comprehensive list of online services.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit the St. Charles County Department of Public Health page.
Get in Line with QLess
Avoid crowds and save time with real-time status updates. Visitors to the Sheriff's Department can join a virtual queue from their mobile device or computer using the free QLess app, or by checking in at the kiosk in the Administration Building lobby. QLess is available for Civil Process, Fingerprinting (by appointment only), Gun Lock Program, and Property Release (by appointment only).
The St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department is responsible for court services and security, prisoner transport, civil process and bailiffs.
- Civil Process is responsible for the service of court documents within the boundaries of St. Charles County. This includes eviction notices, subpoenas, orders of protection, and civil papers. Staff is comprised of nine commissioned and six civilian personnel.
- Court Services provides a safe and orderly environment throughout the St. Charles County Courthouse. Staff is comprised of 14 commissioned and eight civilian personnel.
- Prisoner Transport is responsible for the transportation of individuals to and from the St. Charles County Corrections Center and St. Charles County Courthouse. Staff includes six commissioned personnel.