September 1, 2017
Contact: Mary Enger, Communications Director, 636-949-1856, or 636-443-1008, email@example.com
St. Charles County, Missouri – The St. Charles County Highway Department will temporarily close portions of various County roads for sealing of recently paved asphalt, starting on Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017 through Friday, Sept. 15, 2017, weather permitting. Roads are expected to be completed in the following order:
- Heritage Landing between Plantation Point and 1524 Heritage Landing
- Wortman Road between Josephville Road and Highway P
- Golfway Street between Denton Lane and I-70 North Outer Road
- Foristell Road between Highway T and 581 Foristell Road
- Portage Road between Grafton Ferry Road and 6200 Portage Road
- Huster Road between Highway B and Kampville Court
- Church Road between Blasé Station Road and Seeburger Road
- Meinershagen Road between 1661 Meinershagen Road and South Point Prairie Road
- Silvers Road between 1051 Silvers Road and 450 Silvers Road
- Schluersburg Road between Highway F and 1319 Schluersburg Road
Traffic will be restricted from one to two hours during the application and cure time of the sealant. Cure times will vary based on weather conditions. A single lane of traffic will remain open during work. Residents are cautioned not to drive across wet sealant as it will track onto driveways and splatter onto vehicles. Signs will be posted along the routes a day or two in advance of the sealant being applied.
This road project is part of a continuing effort by St. Charles County Government to improve the County’s road system for the safety of the traveling public. For more information about road projects underway in unincorporated St. Charles County, please call the Highway Department at 636-949-7305 or visit http://www.sccmo.org/Road-Projects.