Right-of-Way Permits & Requirements

Anyone contemplating work on the public right-of-way, whether it be a construction company, a utility, or an individual property owner, must first obtain a Special Use Permit. This is a requirement of state statute and is necessary to ensure that no damage is done to public property that might have to be repaired using public tax dollars.

This type of work includes anything from as simple as replacing a driveway to as complicated as placing a new series of power poles or water lines along a roadway.

Additional Information
Information on the process and cost of acquiring the necessary permit can be found by calling 636-949-7305. The Highway Department also makes information available in a summary of requirements (PDF) to work in county right-of-way.